No really – this Apple Pie Bread is AH-MAZING! After you make it the first time, you are gonna be hooked (so consider yourself warned.) There are recipes that I make that will be good. And there are recipes that will be not-so-good (or downright gag-worthy and you won’t see those on the blog) but then there are recipes like this one where you just want to grab people by the collar and say “Dude, if you don’t make this today – you will regret it for the rest of your life!”
It’s a simple homemade sweet bread filled with a layer of cinnamon sugar and fresh apples and topped with more cinnamon sugar and apples. The fresh apples combined with the sweet bread almost makes it taste like cake that is shaped into bread form. But bread sounds healthier, right? 😉
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened to room temp
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup peeled & finely chopped apples about 2 small apples
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Spray a large loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray (the kind with flour in it – like Baker’s Joy.)
- In a bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside
- Using a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with an electric mixer), mix together sugar and butter until smooth.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Finally, stir in flour and baking powder and milk. Mix until combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Cover batter with half the diced apples. Press the apples down slightly into the batter.
- Sprinkle the apples with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over the apple layer.
You can find complete recipes of this Apple Pie Bread in thecountrycook.net