This caprese stuffed avocado recipe is a delicious appetizer or salad; it is made by filling ripe avocados with tomato and mozzarella caprese salad topped with balsamic vinegar reduction. Caprese salad is one of my favorite salads, and stuffed avocados is another one of my all-time favorites, so naturally it was just a question of time until I prepared an avocado stuffed with caprese salad.
I wish I had done this years ago, it is so amazing! I already loved the combination of avocado with balsamic vinegar; add the tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil garlic oil, and it is heaven in your mouth. As you might have noticed, I am obsessed with tomato mozzarella caprese salads – the good thing is that my family loves it, and the guests I’ve tested this on also love it, so I will consider it a win-win for all.
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 8 oz or ½ lb of mozzarella pearls or ciliegine
- ½ cup of basil garlic oil sauce , adjust to taste
- 4 avocados
- Lettuce or salad greens to serve with the avocados – optional
- 4 – 6 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar reduction sauce to drizzle, adjust to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the tomato caprese filling:
- Place the tomatoes, mozzarella pearls or ciliegine in a bowl with the basil oil, mix well.
- Can be used immediately or refrigerated until ready to assemble the avocados.
For the caprese stuffed avocados:
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, remove pits and carefully peel the avocado halves.
- Place the peel avocado halves on a plate, can place over lettuce or salad greens.
You can find complete recipes of this Caprese stuffed avocado in laylita.com