Champagne Cake with Fresh Strawberries
- 1 package 2-layer-size white cake mix
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 16 ounce can vanilla frosting
- Few drops red food coloring
- Sliced or whole fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour two 8×1-1/2-inch round cake pans; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except replace the water with an equal amount of champagne.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, spreading evenly.
- Bake according to package directions. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on racks.
- Tint frosting with food coloring to make a light pink. Place one cake layer, bottom side up, on a serving plate.
- Spread with about 1/2 cup of the tinted frosting. Place remaining cake layer, rounded side up, on top.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with strawberries.
You can find complete recipes of this Champagne Cake with Fresh Strawberries in bhg.com