Ooey gooey chocolate chip peanut butter bars
And they taste like the lovechild of a chocolate chip cookie and a Reeses peanut butter cup!
If Nestlé and Hersheys were to collaborate on a dessert, I’m pretty sure they’d come up with something along the lines of these gooeylicious chocolate chip peanut butter bars. Every bite is like a chocolate peanut butter fantasy.
Needing a dessert for a party last week, I first thought of my Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars.
But at the last second, I decided it would be much more exciting to try something new—even if that meant losing the green, which had been my reason for selecting the zucchini bars in the first place.
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup peanut butter OR allergy-friendly alternative – nut-free recipe here
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp flour – you can use spelt, white, sorghum, oat, almond, even or buckwheat (50g)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar of choice or xylitol
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
- up to 2 tbsp milk of choice, only if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch baking pan and set aside. In a mixing bowl, gently heat your nut butter if it is not already stir-able, then stir in the applesauce and vanilla extract, and set aside. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the baking soda, salt, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and keep stirring—it will seem very dry at first, so you’ll need to break up the nut butter and stop occasionally to scrape it off your spoon.
You can find complete recipes of this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars in chocolatecoveredkatie.com