Chocolate cravings cannot be ignored! This perfectly proportioned cake will definitely satisfy every single craving.
I wanted a chocolate cake. No, I needed one. But I didn’t want to make a huge cake or get out special cake pans.
I just wanted the most decadent, rich chocolate flavor without a whole lot of fuss.
This cake fits the bill! Paired with a chocolate frosting that is nothing like I have ever imagined!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water (I used coffee)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with parchment paper and spray sides and bottom. If using a metal baking pan, heat oven to 325.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl of stand mixer.
- Add in egg, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix on low until incorporated. When mixed in increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add in boiling water and gently stir- batter will be very thin.
- Pour batter into prepared dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick is removed clean.
You can find complete recipes of this Chocolate Craving Cake in iambaker.net