Happy Wednesday everybody!! Sooo excited to share this recipe today with y’all. Why? well, for several reasons. The first being that this is a crockpot cake recipe, which to me is a great way for not so experienced bakers to get a taste of baking a cake.
Second, this is chock full of all things chocolate and peanut butter (double yum!) and third, this is such an easy recipe, and it turned out absolutely perfect! I don’t know if I have mentioned my absolute love of chocolate and peanut butter together before but there you go, I love it, and there is always at least one Reese’s peanut butter cup in my world on my cheat days, always…
So in this cake you have this easy peanut butter cake swirled with a peanut butter/chocolate cake mixture, then holy moly it’s topped off with a wonderful and gooey peanut butter/chocolate topping and of course Reese’s peanut butter cups thrown in. If you love peanut butter and chocolate together as much I do, you’re gonna go nuts for this recipe.
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix, I Used Betty Crocker.
- 1 Cup of Water.
- 3 Eggs.
- 1/2 Cup of Creamy Peanut Butter.
- 1/3 Cup of Unsalted Butter, Softened.
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Syrup.
THE TOPPING (OPTIONAL)
- 3 Tablespoons of Creamy Peanut Butter.
- 3 Tablespoons of Milk.
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar.
- 2 Tablespoons of Chocolate Syrup.
- 10-12 Miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Halved.
FOR THE CAKE
- Spray your slow cooker with baker’s spray and turn your slow cooker on high to preheat.
- In a large bowl, place your cake mix, water, eggs, peanut butter, and butter and beat until well mixed.
- Remove 2/3 of a cup of the cake batter and place into a separate small bowl and stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate syrup, set aside.
- Now pour in about half of the remaining cake batter into your crockpot, then pour all of the cake batter/chocolate syrup mixture on top of the batter in the crockpot.
You can find complete recipes of this CROCKPOT PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE CAKE in hollyscheatday.com