Just because you’re tired of all that holiday cooking and baking doesn’t mean you’re tired of sweet treats! And trying to back away from the sugary sweets doesn’t mean you have to go cold-turkey on dessert, either. The perfect answer to both dilemmas? Our No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars!
Now, we won’t claim that these bars are some sort of health treat, but you can feel better about eating them than you did all those cookies and trifles from Christmas. The oats give them a delicious crunch, and the chocolate drizzle gives them the perfect amount of sweetness. Even better? All you need to do is mix them up, stick them in the fridge, and enjoy. Let us demonstrate this simple sweet, then read on for the full recipe so you can try them yourself.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
- Line a 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Heat over low-heat, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats, cinnamon and kosher salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out the mixture evenly, pressing down.
You can find complete recipes of this No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars in tiphero.com