These soft, buttery blondies are filled with Nutella, which makes for a decadent and addicting dessert. Don’t make these if you don’t have milk. For real.
One time I was writing out a grocery list when Eric happened to look over my shoulder. “You spelled Nutella wrong.
“No I didn’t.”
“Yeah you did, the G is silent.”
“There’s a silent G. Gnutella.”
He will never live it down. Ever.
Weeks ago when I told Eric about the idea of putting Nutella inside my classic Browned Butter Blondies, he suggested that I “move on.” I do have 2 whole posts dedicated to essentially the same recipe; the second time I just added Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramels instead of chocolate chips (which was a fabulous choice I must say).
I posted a picture of the Nutella version up on Instagram to see if anyone had room for Nutella Stuffed Browned Butter Blondies in their life. I think my cousin Misty put it best: “Anything that oozes like that can’t be wrong.”
- 1 cup Nutella
- 10 tablespoons butter (1 stick + 2 tablespoons)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Line a small baking sheet with wax paper and clear out some space in your freezer. Measure 1 cup of Nutella. Use 2 spoons to divide the Nutella into about 12 dollops on the wax paper, each one about 2 or 3 teaspoons. It doesn’t have to be exact. Place the sheet in the freezer while you make the blondies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 8x11x2 inch baking dish (2 quart) with parchment paper, or grease well.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the foam starts turning golden and the mixture smells nutty. Remove from heat and pour immediately into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the brown sugar and cream cheese. Beat for about 2 minutes, until slightly fluffy.
You can find complete recipes of this Nutella Stuffed Browned Butter Blondies in thefoodcharlatan.com