If you’ve never had the Broccoli Cheese Soup from Panera you’re missing out. This version tastes just like it!
I know this recipe has made the rounds around the blogs but my job is to share recipes that I really love and this is one of them. The reason I know that this recipe tastes just like the delicious soup at Panera is because I ate this at least once a week during my last pregnancy. It was the ONLY thing that I looked forward to eating and I’m sure the peeps at Panera knew me by name. They serve it with a warm crusty baguette. Oh my goodness. It almost makes me want to get pregnant again.
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 medium chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb fresh broccoli (about 3 cups), chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup carrot, julienned (can buy matchstick carrots in produce section)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onion in 1 tablespoon of butter. Set aside.
- Cook the ¼ cup melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half & half.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and reserved onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this PANERA’S BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP in the-girl-who-ate-everything.com