Once you try these over the top Snickers Brownies, you will be hooked!Combining brownies with a classic Snickers bar results in an incredible dessert experience. A thick triple chocolate brownie base layered with gooey caramel, nutty marshmallow nougat, and topped with creamy chocolate.
This brownie recipe is pure over the top decadence!
Today’s recipe uses my most favorite brownie base. I used it for these Matcha Glazed Brownies and Chocolate Cherry Brownies. Because these brownies are four layers of pure sweetness, I swapped some of the semisweet chocolate for unsweet chocolate in the brownie base. This lightened up the sugar load just a tad and added to the rich, dark chocolate color.
Each layer needs to set before adding the next one. Because of this, the process of assembling the brownies is time-consuming. But trust me, it’s oh so worth it. Be sure to read through the entire recipe before you begin, so you know what to expect with each step. These brownies begin with all time favorite base, with one minor adjustment – half the semisweet chocolate is swapped out for unsweet chocolate.
This recipe is excellent when you want to sink your teeth into a thick, fudgy brownie. I turn to it anytime I have a craving for chocolate. You are going to love the richness. It’s so dense and fudgy, with intense chocolate flavor.
On top of the brownie base is a layer of gooey caramel. And I mean gooey! If you let the brownies sit at room temperature for an hour or so, the caramel will get soft and melty. It will drip out from between the layers. It’s made with two simple ingredients, caramel candies and evaporated milk.
For the brownies
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces unsweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 and 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For the caramel layer
- 34 vanilla caramels unwrapped (about 3/4 of a 14-ounce package)
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
For the nougat layer
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
For the chocolate layer
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Make the brownie layer
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang on all sides. Spray the foil lightly with nonstick spray.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a medium heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir occasionally until fully melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until combined.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Fold in the flour with a rubber spatula just until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top of the brownies look dry and the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack.
Make the caramel layer
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels and evaporated milk.
- Heat on high for 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until the caramels have completely melted.
- Spread evenly over the top of the brownie layer.
- Place the pan in the freezer while you make the nougat layer.
Make the nougat layer
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Turn the heat down to medium and continue to boil at a moderate rate without stirring for 5 minutes. If the mixture turns dark in color, you’ve boiled it for too long.
- It should be light in color and the consistency of sweetened condensed milk.
- Meanwhile, in a medium heatproof bowl, combine the marshmallow fluff and peanut butter.
- Slowly pour the hot nougat mixture into the marshmallow fluff and peanut butter.
- Whisk until well combined. Spread the nougat layer evenly over the top of the caramel layer.
- Place the pan in back into the freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
You can find complete recipes of this SNICKERS BROWNIES in bakedbyanintrovert.com